“Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain.” -Henry David Thoreau
A while ago while writing the 4 month update post for the “Living in a Tiny Home” series, I was reviewing the previous posts and came across this passage that I felt moved to share:
” …. Thomas and Lillian have a more difficult time letting go and releasing “stuff”. I choose to see this as a learning experience for all of us. I do not require that they get rid of things. I simply ask. If they say “no”, we keep it.
However, I model for them getting rid of things. I let them witness me doing it. They don’t always say no. In fact, they surprise me sometimes by saying yes, when I thought they’d say the opposite. They ask me to take a picture of it and then they let it go … “
If you want to receive new blog posts as they are written via your email, you can subscribe here … http://camilladowns.com/blog/ …. The top of the right hand side bar has a box to enter your email address for subscribing.
Beautiful Hidden Beach – Lake Tahoe July 2013
See It. Share It. BE IT … Spread Love Everywhere You Go!
- Summer Solstice Gratitude in Action with Tania Marie
- Have Patience When Dancing with the Shadows – The Urban Howl
- Poetry and Photography: Knowing of the Heart
- Simple Self-Care Ideas – Jessica Araus
- Poetry and Photography: The Silence
- May We All Release & Expose The Beautiful Space Within – The Urban Howl
- End it With the Period
- The Walk of Alchemy
- The Path to Love is the Path to Oneself – The Urban Howl
- A Journey of Emotions: An Interview with the Author of Within a Tear, A Smile and You