“How to Sit” (amazon affiliate link) Another wonderful and simple book I read to Thomas and Lillian … We all really liked it!
“Peace is Contagious
The energy of mindfulness can help improve your whole being. Just pay attention to your in breath. Allow it to be the way it is and you will see that the quality of your breathing naturally becomes calmer, deeper, and more harmonious all by itself. This is the power of simple recognition. When your breath is deeper and more peaceful, it will have an influence right away on your body and your mind. Peace and calm are contagious.”
“Living Beautifully” (amazon affiliate link) I always find such meaningful content in Pema Chodron’s books.
“Let the power of your emotions open you up … Take your seat in the middle of your home ground and rouse your confidence – your innate capacity to open to your experience.”
“Roget and His Thesaurus” (amazon affiliate link) Wonderful book of the life of P.M. Roget and how Roget’s Thesaurus came to be.
“Measured on the vast scale of the universe, the globe we inhabit appears but as an atom; and yet, within the compass of this atom, what an inexhaustible variety of objects is contained; what an endless diversity of phenomena is presented; what wonderful changes are occurring in rapid and perpetual succession!” – P.M. Roget
See It. Share It. BE IT … Spread Love Everywhere You Go!
Latest “Book and Movie Musings”:
- Movie Musings: Wonder and Love and Courage
- Book Musings: A Saint and a Naturalist and God
- Movie Musings: Parents and Fireflies and Writers
- Book Musings: Love and Rice and a Snail
- Movie Musings: Souls and Reason and Grace
- Book Musings: Cats and Art and Barefoot
- Movie Musings: Rain and Strange Voices and Galapagos
- Book Musings: The World and a Cat and Lao Tzu
- Movie Musings: Rainbows and Limberlost and Chariots
- Book Musings: Authenticity and The Dalai Lama and Acts of Kindness