In May 2013 I wrote an article about how I’d been using the Oil Cleansing Method. At the time I wrote the post I had been using it for just over a year. It’s been just over 3 years now so I thought it time for an update.
I am still using a modified version and I’m super happy with the results for my skin and pocketbook. I hardly wear make-up anymore; except for mascara and tinted lip balm.
I use a simplified version of the oil cleansing method. Really simple.
First, get yourself some good quality, organic olive oil. I use Trader Joe’s Organic Spanish Olive Oil (amazon affiliate link).
**LOVE OFFERING** If you find this content helpful, I invite you to toss a tip in the love offering bowl. With oceans of gratitude … Camilla ….
In the evening:
- I pour about a tablespoon into one hand (you could probably use less, but I like a lot).
- Rub hands together to distribute the oil.
- Then massage into my face. I love the way it feels so I do it for about 2 or 3 minutes. You can feel it pulling out the impurities and it’s so silky smooth!
- Then I rub it over my eyelashes really good to remove the mascara. Be careful! Don’t get it in your eyes as it burns like soap!
- Next I wet a washcloth with warm water and clean my eyes first. Then I wipe the rest of my face really good.
- I pour a tiny bit more of olive oil into my hand and rub it into my face as a moisturizer.
- Lastly, I massage any left over oil into my lips, hands, and arms.
In the morning:
- Rinse my face with warm water.
- Pour small amount of olive oil into my hand.
- Massage onto my face as a moisturizer.
- Massage any left over oil into my lips, hands, and arms.
Definitely a simplified version now. I like simple. It fits my lifestyle and my skin. My skin has NEVER been happier and more glow-ier. Well, except for maybe when I was a baby!
I help to support my family with my writings. I share my writings for free for the benefit of others. If you benefited from this writing, would you like to toss a tip in the love offering “bucket”? Oceans of gratitude … xoxo
Interested in Mindfulness? Here are the latest Mindfulness Articles:
- How to Share Loving Kindness
- The One Thing We Should Be Teaching
- One Way I Surrendered To My True Colors
- The Global Wound and Mother Earth
- Why I Choose to Walk Into Darkness
- Why I Meditate and Journal Write
- How to Be Peaceful
- Dear Thoughts: I Want To Be Happy With Myself
- The Post Office Gift – An Inspiring Short Story
- There is More Than One Way
***Caveat*** I use the kitchen sink to rinse my face. After all, this is oil. Oil and bathroom sinks do not play well together; which I discovered after writing the 2013 Oil Cleansing post. Since then, I switched to using the kitchen sink.
Did you know I wrote a book? It’s titled “D iz for Different – One Woman’s Journey to Acceptance” and you can read more about it here.
See It. Share It. BE IT … Spread Love Everywhere You Go!