In my attempt to move further and further away from using refined foods, I made a mouth watering cream cheese frosting for my daughter’s birthday cake.
Cream cheese frosting is so easy to make and has an amazing, unique flavor! I got so many requests for the recipe that I thought I’d share it here for everyone.
They Loved It!
**LOVE OFFERING** If you find this content helpful, I invite you to toss a tip in the love offering bowl. With oceans of gratitude … Camilla ….
Lillian’s birthday party guests could not got enough of it. These young ladies asked for seconds and even asked for the recipe to take home! One sweet girl said she never eats the frosting on cake and that she LOVED this frosting. I agree with her, I don’t care for most frostings as they are too sweet and I can taste that horrid dye!
1/3 cup butter (If I have it on hand, I use Purity Farm Organic Ghee, Clarified Butter, 13-Ounce and if not, I use Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter – Unsalted (8 ounce))
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar (I use Big Tree Farms Organic Coconut Sugar, Blonde, 16-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6)) (Update 1.17.16: I play around with the amount of coconut sugar. I measure 3/4 of a cup and then slowly add it in until it’s at a desired sweetness. It’s always different!)
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla (I use Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract — 4 fl oz)
Cream butter and sugar. Add cream cheese and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Since coconut sugar is being used instead of fine powdered sugar, let the frosting rest for about 10 minutes several times. Keep mixing until it’s smooth, silky, and a beautiful medium blonde color.
I made this frosting to top our almond cookies too. Oh my goodness! YUM! Try it on all your favorite cookies and cakes.
*I cheated for the actual cake. I used a gluten free cake mix; which I didn’t like as much as others I’ve tasted. When I find one I like or find a recipe I like I’ll post it on the blog.
Happy 13th Birthday Beautiful Lillian!
I help to support my family with my writings. I share my writings for free for the benefit of others. If you benefited from this writing, would you like to toss a tip in the love offering “bucket”? Oceans of gratitude … xoxo
See It. Share It. BE IT … Spread Love Everywhere You Go!
- Recipe: No Powdered Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- Recipe: Healthier Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Recipe: Homemade French Fries
- Recipe: Chia Seed Pudding
- Recipe: Almond Flour Cookies
Latest “Mindful Living” Articles:
- One Way I Surrendered To My True Colors
- The Global Wound and Mother Earth
- Why I Choose to Walk Into Darkness
- Why I Meditate and Journal Write
- How to Be Peaceful
- Dear Thoughts: I Want To Be Happy With Myself
- The Post Office Gift – An Inspiring Short Story
- There is More Than One Way
- 13 Ways to Keep Alive Your Childs Nature Connection
- A Rapturous Dance With Life
Latest “Simplify” Articles:
- Oil Cleansing Method – Update
- Olive Oil as Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer – Oil Cleansing Method
- Simplicity … All It Takes
(To help support my blogging I will include an Amazon link to items I use or you will see google ads from time to time. I LOVE sharing my journey and choices with you and this just helps to keep me going!)